BCS Technology will review this policy regularly, and may update it from time to time. If we make changes, we will post those changes on the privacy page of BCS Technology’s website.
SECTION 1 – COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
How BCS Technology collects personal information about you:
- You have provided it to us - if you contact us to make comments, complaints or to ask us questions, or you have interacted with one of our digital services (including online and mobile services) by participating in forums, polls or competitions;
- You have requested us to provide a product or service to you, for instance, if you subscribe to an email list or loyalty program or enter a competition
- Because you work for us, have applied to us for a job, an internship or work experience;
Broadly, there are two types of information or data we collect:
- Information that you specifically give us
For example, you may provide information about yourself when you are filling in a form or when you sign up to a service. This type of information may include your name, email address and contact number. The information that you give us may be:
Personal information that is required. In some instances, you must provide personal information if you request for one of our representatives to get in touch with you.
Personal information that is optional. You may choose to provide some personal information which is not required but is directly related to BCS Technology’s products and services. Usually this type of information will enable BCS Technology to improve or broaden the services we can offer you. If you choose not to provide this optional information, we would still be able to offer you the service, but perhaps with fewer options than if you had provided the optional information. For example, if you tell us your interests in a particular area, we may be able to provide you with specific content that matches your interests.
Permissions. Sometimes you will be asked to confirm that you agree to a particular activity. For example, you may need to expressly agree that you would like to receive a newsletter or to confirm that you agree to the terms and conditions of a competition.
- Data we collect that tracks your activity
BCS Technology automatically gathers information to monitor the use of its digital services (including online and mobile services), like the numbers and frequency of visitors to BCS Technology websites.
- This information helps us improve our services by learning what our audiences use and don’t use. It can also help us identify if there are any problems with our services that need fixing.
- This data is usually collected using ‘cookies’. ‘Cookies’ are small files that are stored on your browser.
- Most of the data we collect is aggregated, and this information is effectively anonymous to us.
In some cases we may collect data that can be linked to you individually. For example, if you use our email newsletters we may collect data about the mailings you open and the links you click on from that newsletter.
Though surveys usually collect aggregate data, we will make it clear to you if any survey information is being collected in a way that could personally identify you.
You are able to make changes to the information you provided us (for example, if you change your email address) or withdraw the permission you gave us for a particular service. You may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at:
BCS Technology International
Suite G04/64 Talavera Road,
Macquarie Park, NSW, 2113,
SECTION 2 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
- The third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
- We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so.
- When you click on links on our website, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 3 – USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO CONTACT YOU
We may collect your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- Marketing: to communicate with you about products, services, campaigns, news and events
- Research: to conduct research and surveys around our products, services and technologies to share knowledge in order to better understand customer needs
- Other issues: communicating with you in relation to our operations, activities and objectives, to improve and evaluate our programs and services and to comply with relevant laws.
Where we collect your personal information for a specific purpose not outlined above, we will provide you with a collection notice which explains the primary purpose and any related secondary purposes for which we are collecting your personal information.
We may use information that we know about your likes and interests to tell you about other BCS Technology’s products and services. We may know about your likes and interests because you have provided that information, for instance via a social media platform, or because we have inferred this based on your browsing history, or other data related to your behaviour on BCS Technology’s digital services.
SECTION 4 – SECURITY
BCS Technology will take all reasonable and practicable steps to ensure that your personal information is properly protected from misuse or loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
At the same time, we are committed to providing innovative and interactive experiences, and to being available to audiences on multiple platforms. Some of those platforms are not operated or controlled by BCS Technology, and our ability to protect your personal information is limited.
We encourage you to be vigilant about the protection of your own personal information when using third party digital services (such as social media platforms). As far as reasonably practicable, we will make sure that our relationships with those third parties include appropriate protection of your privacy.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
SECTION 6 - QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact:
BCS Technology International
Suite G04/64 Talavera Road,
Macquarie Park, NSW, 2113
+61 (02) 8667 3024
Page last updated 26 October 2017